Looking for a local 5k run? Here's information on the It's a Wonderful Run 5k run/walk and 1 mile run held at Pope John Paul II High School in Boca Raton, Florida on Saturday, December 18. This event is just a few miles down the street from my house so I am probably going to participate in the 5k run.
I mostly race in sprint duathlons, but a few people have told me that one of the best ways to improve your run time at short distance triathlons and duathlons is to participate in a few 5k's. I just did my last 5k on November 20, at the Delray Beach Turkey Trot. Although I'm not that fast, I did manage a 5k PR at the Turkey Trot and placed 6th out of 19 in my age group with a finishing time of 27:22.
It's a Wonderful Run
- Certified 5K race
- 1 mile fun run.
- Pancake breakfast for all participants
- Long sleeve t-shirt to all those pre-registered.
- Fun for the whole family including bounce house and slides.
Date and Time of Event:
- December 18, 2010
- 6:30 AM, Late Registration
- 8:00 AM, 5K Run
- 9:15 AM, 1 Mile Fun Run
- Pope John Paul II High School
- 4001 North Military Trail,
- Boca Raton, FL 33431
Commemorative long sleeve shirt:
Included in the pre-registered price.
Close Date For On-line Registration:
Friday, December 17, 2010 @ 12:00 PM
- $25 - 5K Run / Walk (through 12/11/2010)
- $30 -5K Run / Walk (12/12/2010 through Raceday)
- $10 - 5k Run/Walk (Under 16 & PJPll Students)
- $10 - One Mile Fun Run
5K Run Awards:
Top three male/female over all; top master; top three in five-year age groups: 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+