- Lynn Smythe Trains for Nike Women's Marathon
Apr 16, 2012
Above: Lynn Smythe at the 2012 Disney Half Marathon
ANOTHER TEAM IN TRAINING EVENT
I'm at it again! I will be participating in the 2012 Nike Women's Marathon with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. Nike is a 26.2 mile running event, whick takes place on October 14th in San Francisco, California. Nike will be my 9th event with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. I have completed 5 century bike rides, a sprint triathlon, a Olympic triathlon and a half marathon since first volunteering my time with Team in Training in 2006.
SUMMARY OF MY TEAM IN TRAINING EVENTS
- Fall 2006 – team member - Intracoastal Waterway Century Ride - Cocoa Beach, FL
- Fall 2007 – co-mentor - El Tour de Tucson Century Ride - Tucson, AZ
- Fall 2008 – mentor - Intracoastal Waterway Century Ride - Cocoa Beach, FL
- Spring 2009 – team member - America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride - Tahoe, NV
- Fall 2010 –team member – Intracoastal Waterway Century Ride– Cocoa Beach, FL
- Spring 2011 – team member – FAU Wellness Triathlon – Boca Raton, FL
- Spring 2011 – team member – St. Anthony’s Triathlon – St. Petersburg, FL
- Winter 2011 – team member – Disney half Marathon – Orlando, FL
- Summer 2012 - team member - Nike Women's Marathon - San Francisco, CA
LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is a non-profit charity that conducts research towards cures, and helps ease the burden of those battling blood cancers such as leukemia, Hodgkin’s disease, lymphoma and myeloma.
Please consider making a donation to support my participation in Team in Training, and help advance the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s mission. You may make a donation by visiting my fundraising website which is located at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/pb/nikesf12/lsmythe Or you may send me a check, made out to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to my home address listed below.
516 Olive Tree Circle
Greenacres, FL 33413